Saturday, December 18, 2010

What to Wear: Larger or Smaller?

So one of the major reoccurring themes in plus size fashion is whether or not to just wear huge clothes to feel smaller or trick people into thinking you're smaller, or if you should go fitted to minimize the bulk and show how proud you are of your curves. But some people [including me] don't always have curves they should be proud of, so what to do?

Well for me, it all depends on the occasion. For school I tend to want to wear larger things because I'm usually too lazy to get dressed up or be confident. But every once in awhile I do try to work it in skinnies and a button up or something. This case happened to be neither. I decided to play up the sexiness of these boots (given to me by Akira, buy them at www.shopakira.com) by adding an oversized H&M tee. The thing about this top is that the way it hangs and the thin fabric don't add any bulk, and the large beaded eagle takes away from your size a little bit. Since the boots are so skin tight I pretty much had to wear a skirt and I thought this leather/fabric combo was perfect for the look. It is super highwaisted so it also worked similar to spanx in this case.




You can help me out by commenting on my look on chictopia, where I'm in the running to win a $50 Akira gift card!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment